Steven is a founding partner and co-owner at Biskupic & Jacobs. His primary focus is governmental regulatory matters (including election law) and complex civil litigation. Prior to starting the firm, Steven spent four years in private practice at one of Milwaukee’s largest law firms, including two years as Chair of the Litigation Practice Group. Prior to that, he served as the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin for seven years, and an Assistant U.S. Attorney for 13 years.
- Has personally handled more than 50 jury trials and argued more than 30 federal and state court appeals.
- Successfully defended at trial a major Wisconsin corporation against a $20 million claim. No liability was found and no damages were awarded.
- Litigated multiple SEC, EPA, and FTCA matters.
- While U.S Attorney, secured convictions of more than two dozen corrupt public officials and police officers.
- As Assistant U.S. Attorney, specialized in bank fraud matters.
- Served as law clerk for the late Hon. Robert W. Warren (E.D.Wis.).
Honors and Publications
- Author of three law review articles and other scholarly writings, including most recently, “Anything But Mickey Mouse: Legal Issues in the 2012 Wisconsin Gubernatorial Recall,” 97 Marquette L. Rev. (2014).
- Repeatedly named a “Best Lawyers in America” and “Wisconsin Super Lawyer” in the areas of business litigation.
- Received the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association’s Public Service Award (2008).
- Earned the U.S. Department of Justice Award for Superior Performance (2000).
- Adjunct Professor at Marquette University Law School.
- Member of Seventh Circuit Bar Association, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, and Ozaukee Bar Association.
- Member of St. Thomas More Lawyer’s Society.
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Wisconsin
Western District of Wisconsin
Northern District of Illinois
B.A., Marquette University
J.D., Marquette University Law School