Vanessa is a partner at Biskupic & Jacobs. Her primary focuses are complex civil litigation and appellate work. Before joining the firm, Vanessa was a federal law clerk for five years. She also practiced at a large law firm in Chicago, specializing in complex business litigation, labor and employment, and trademark prosecution.
- Argued and briefed several successful federal criminal appeals, including obtaining client’s acquittal immediately following oral argument on charges of immigration crimes and mail fraud.
- Authored successful motions to dismiss federal claims under the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and RICO Statute.
- Authored successful motion for summary judgment in state-court shareholder dispute.
- Obtained settlement following mediation for pro bono client alleging federal employment-discrimination claims.
- Served as law clerk to the late Hon. Terence T. Evans (7th Cir.), Hon. Diane S. Sykes (7th Cir.), Hon. Robert M. Dow, Jr. (N.D. Ill.), and Hon. William E. Callahan, Jr. (E.D. Wis.).
Honors and Publications
- “A Proposed Bar to Transferring Juveniles with Mental Disorders to Criminal Court: Let the Punishment Fit the Culpability,” 14 Va. J. Soc. Pol’y & L. 418 (2007).
- “A Cloudy Crystal Ball: Concerns Regarding the Use of Juvenile Psychopathy Scores in Judicial Waiver Hearings,” 26 Dev. Mental Health L. 1 (2007).
- Member of Seventh Circuit Bar Association, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, and Ozaukee Bar Association.
- Advisory Council Member of Sunbeam Kids, Inc.
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Wisconsin
Western District of Wisconsin
Northern District of Illinois
B.S., University of Wisconsin
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law