Vanessa K. Eisenmann
Vanessa K. Eisenmann
United States Supreme Court
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Wisconsin
Western District of Wisconsin
Northern District of Illinois
B.S., University of Wisconsin
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
Vanessa is a partner at Biskupic & Jacobs. Her primary focuses are appeals, criminal defense, and complex civil litigation. Before joining the firm, Vanessa was a federal law clerk for five years. She also practiced in the litigation group of a large law firm. Vanessa enjoys running, watching movies, and following Wisconsin sports teams.
- Argued and briefed several successful federal appeals, including obtaining client’s acquittal immediately following oral argument on charges of immigration crimes and mail fraud, and obtaining writ of habeas corpus for client convicted of homicide in state court.
- Briefed multiple successful state appeals, including obtaining reversal of summary judgment for large construction companies litigating $14million project-fund dispute.
- Authored successful motions for summary judgment and motions to dismiss civil claims under the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, RICO Statute, and various state laws.
- Obtained favorable settlements at mediation for pro bono clients alleging Title VII employment-discrimination and sec. 1983 deliberate-indifference claims in federal court.
- Served as law clerk to the late Hon. Terence T. Evans (7th Cir.),
Hon. Diane S. Sykes (7th Cir.), Hon. Robert M. Dow, Jr. (N.D. Ill.), and
Hon. William E. Callahan, Jr. (E.D. Wis.).
Honors & Publications
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association Judge Terence T. Evans Humor and Creativity in Law Award (2022).
- Panelist, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, “Supreme Court and Seventh Circuit Criminal Roundup” (2019, 2020).
- Order of the Coif (2007).
- “A Proposed Bar to Transferring Juveniles with Mental Disorders to Criminal Court: Let the Punishment Fit the Culpability,” 14 Va. J. Soc. Pol’y & L. 418 (2007).
- “A Cloudy Crystal Ball: Concerns Regarding the Use of Juvenile Psychopathy Scores in Judicial Waiver Hearings,” 26 Dev. Mental Health L. 1 (2007).
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, and Ozaukee Bar Association.
- Advisory Council Member of Sunbeam Kids, Inc.